This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact: email@example.com.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely of the blog owner. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, is worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
I treat your privacy very seriously and it would be incompatible with my values to misuse your private information. I have two main promises to you:
- I will only use the information I collect to fulfill and ship your order. It will not be shared with any third parties for commercial purposes.
- I will only contact you with any newsletters, announcements and special offers if you give me clear permission to do so.
Below is a detailed outline of my data protection policy regarding personal data I collect from you on this website.
- Personal Information You Share With Us
As part for the purchase process on www.hopefulhome.co.uk, I collect the personal data you give me, such as your name, postal address and email address, telephone number, payment information and the details of the product you are ordering.
2. Cookies and similar technologies
Third parties that have content embedded on my website (such as buttons, widgets, and other embedded features or content) may set cookies on your browser or obtain information about the fact that you visited my website from a certain IP address. My third-party providers may also collect personal information as described in the section above. I do not authorize third parties to collect any other personal information from my website unless you provide it to them directly.
What Are Cookies and How to Disable Them
A “cookie” is a small piece of information send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. My website use both session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies enable you to move from page to page and to use features on our websites while your browser remains open. For example, session cookies allow you to add products to your shopping cart and carry the contents of your cart to checkout.
Persistent cookies last from visit to visit. For example, persistent cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user to provide a more personalized experience. They are stored in your computer, device, or browser until you choose to delete them.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change the browser settings to prevent this. However, if you do so, some functionality of this website may be lost. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about cookies and how to disable them.
3. Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect and use your information, including:
- I will use your personal data to provide my services, such as to fulfill your order in the shop and to provide customer service.
- The website uses your email address and name in order to process your comment on a blog post via a plugin. This allows me to respond to your comment.
- When a giveaway takes place on the website, the Raffle press plugin is used to select a winner. This plugin requires you to submit an email address and/or social handles in order to participate in the giveaway. These will be used in order to select and contact the winner.
- When you comment on the blog, sign up to receive a freebie, participate in a giveaway or sign up to receive the newsletter, announcements and special offers from me, I may use your email address in order to communicate with you about a Hopeful Home products, services, or events I think may be of interest to you.
- I may disclose your personal information if I am required by law, such as to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim.
- I may use your information for my legitimate interests, such as to improve my products and services. e.g. I may send you an invitation to review your purchase. These legitimate interests shall never infringe on your rights.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure With Third Parties
I will always respect your privacy and will only share it for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances.
- Service providers.
I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will only share your personal information with these third parties to the extent necessary to perform these services.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information I am required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. I use PayPal and Stripe to process your payment. Both PayPal and Stripe automatically encrypt your confidential information using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). For these providers, I recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can develop a further understanding of the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- E-commerce platforms.
A Hopeful Home is hosted on WordPress Inc and operated using WooCommerce. They provide me with the online e-commerce platform that allows me to sell my products and services to you. Your data is stored through WooCommerce data storage and databases. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Web analytics services.
Google Analytics and WordPress Jetpack are used in order to track and report website traffic. It does this through cookies and hits. When you browse my website, I may also collect certain “non-personal information,” which by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. This includes demographic information (such as your age, gender, income, education, zip code, etc.), technical information (such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, device screen resolution, device type, operating system, mouse movements, location and clicks, keypresses and the type of browser you are using), and information you provide me while using my website (such as the terms you enter in the search function of our websites). This information helps me to evaluate consumer trends and usage related to the website, and allows me to improve my website content and offerings accordingly.
- Marketing services
This website uses Mailchimp as a marketing and email provider. When you sign up for a freebie, newsletter, email campaign or when you purchase a product from the shop, your information will automatically be shared with Mailchimp. Read more about how Mailchimp uses your information here.
5. Data Retention
6. “The Right To Be Forgotten” and How To Contact Me About It
In many circumstances, I will not collect or process your personal information without your consent. I will ask for your express consent where required or where I find it appropriate. If you choose not to consent, please do not use my website, products, or services, and do not provide me with any personal information.
You have the right to access, correct or delete altogether your personal information held by a Hopeful Home. You may request to receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you or ask us to change or delete your personal data by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.